Sunday, September 4, 2011

THE OTHER SIDE OF LIFE



THE OTHER SIDE OF LIFE

I had gone to attend wedding reception at my friend’s place. It was her brother’s wedding reception where satyanarayan pooja was also going to perform. The pooja was going on and guests were flooding in their newly well-furnished, polished and specious home.

The ceremony was kept on terrace; we friends were chattering, laughing and having fun in that newlywed couple’s home. When we took darshan and prashad of pooja, we were about to leave as we were in hurry but we were forced by friend’s family that we should go to home after having dinner there. We once again went up to the terrace and attend whole ceremony and had delicious food we ever had (thank God, we didn’t miss the dinner as it was really delicious food otherwise we would have repented later.) I was so amused to see the glorious and bright side of this house.

But after coming home, suddenly I was force to think over that environment which I was surrounding just before I came in my house. 


I remembered when I and my friend were in college, I always found her depressed. By the time, we became good friends and slowly I came to know her physical problems which were leading her into ugliness of her outer body. Because she had buck teeth that she could not speak properly, while speaking to others she would stammer, for some cause she lost her hair on the middle area of scalp, she was overweight and top of it all she also lost her mom where she was desperately in need of love and care and of course help! Her outer appearance was proving hindrance on her career path as she was lacking of confidence and support and love by her family.

After completing college, she was facing financial problems, where she had to take up a job and I helped her to get good one. But after visiting her house, my mind was full of thoughts and was in shock. I wondered, that having two new big LCD screen TV sets, oven, fridge, large Mahogany cupboards, big stylishly- designed show-cases, from every little to big things were new in their one room –kitchen house, which left me to think that why her parents were so ignorant regarding to her physical problems which was leading her to nothing but the only darkness of her future? Why they were facing financial crisis when it comes to her problems? Why she had to look after herself when her parents, her dad, her brothers and sisters were alive and financially well-settled? Why she was not sharing a space in their own specious home?

When I see that bright house, I also have seen the longtime darkness and hopeless hope lurking in her heart, which was going to rest there forever till her parents won’t realize.

After all, the other side of this brightness always seems to be dark!!!    
     
Sheena



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *