Friday, March 18, 2016

It's time to say Khule Ke Khelo Holi!

Image Source - Google Image search



Holi – commonly known as festival of colors. Holi is the time to shed your inhibitions; bond with time and relations and celebrate the festive spirit in you. However, it saddens me when today many people prefer to avoid playing holi or go outside to take this festival in full spirit. Rather they are more worried about colors-stained clothes and how the skin would get affected.  Changing air certainly makes me nostalgic about the time when I played holi during my childhood.

As a child I used to be always excited by water and colors. Early morning chaos in our area would make me to get up from my bed and join them as soon as I could. My mother would insist me to wear used clothes. Once I dressed up, I used to get ready with my ammunitions such as water-filled balloons and a bucket of colored water as if going on a colorful war.

At that time, holi used to be quite simple and no fancy water-guns. We never bothered about getting spoilt our hair or clothes. All we could play holi whole day with water and more water. Our group of boys and girls would drag our parents, uncles and aunties from the colony and would insist to play holi with us. Fortunately, we had best time ever playing with our elder ones without any hesitation.


Image Source - Google Image search


Second half of the day we would become even more mischievous and our gang of friends would gather to visit other friends’ house. We would drag our friends out of their bedroom and would smear their faces with gulal and lots of colors. In return, we had to also prepare ourselves to get colored.


I still remember how one of the strict uncles of our colony Shekhar uncle would shout at children for throwing water-filled balloons but it never budged our courage to throw color and balloon at him as well. Some years passed by and slowly and gradually he also stopped shouting at us and joined our fun team.

There were the most colorful days of my life that I still miss them and become nostalgic of it. It was a time to color your relations, memories and life and it was a time to re-bond all over again.

Today I hear more complaints than excitement of playing holi and I am aware of environmental as well as personal issues. But my question to all of you that when we can color our hair just because it’s trendy why not play holi when it’s our tradition? My advice to those people is that there are many ways to play environment-friendly holi.

Don’t miss this colorful opportunity and khul ke khelo holi!

Wish you all a very Happy Holi in advance!


This post is an activity of “I’m pledging to #KhulKeKheloHoli this year by sharing my Holi memories at BlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *