Saturday, April 16, 2016

An Abandoned Warehouse - Short Story





warehouse.jpeg


When I opened my eyes I found myself alone at the quite empty place dumped in darkness. As soon as I realized I started sweating profusely and had goosebumps erected on my hands. I quickly started to search my mobile and my purse and thankfully it was lying by my side. The light illuminated as I touched the screen of the mobile and it indicated 4am and date as 12th April. I frantically started dialing the numbers. But hey hold on, I spoke to myself. What if my mobile rings loudly and the hidden monsters come out and attack me? I quickly put it on the silent mode. Again my mind made me to think instead of calling why not look for ways to escape from this spooky place?

By this time my mind and my body had relaxed a bit though my heart was still beating faster. I gathered courage and used my mobile phone’s torch….

My jaw dropped when I saw that I was trapped in a huge warehouse with no sign of human’s existence. Those heighted walls and empty corners started freaking me out. I froze and I couldn’t switch off the light of my mobile. It took few minutes to come into my senses. 

A tear rolled down to my cheek and the feeling of being all alone at the place was making me feel terribly scared. In a shock, I sat down immediately on the cold floor and burst out in tears. Some time passed. I knew here at this place was no one and whatever I had to do, I had to do it by myself. 

I got up and first scanned the place with the help of my torch. I assured myself that this place was entirely abandoned. That meant I could make a move for myself. I took a deep breath and I walked a bit. From the distance I could see a broken window and I felt like there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I quickly moved towards the window. I peeped out of it and heaved a sigh of relief by the view of opposite side. Yes, I found the highway opposite to this creepy place. 

It was dark outside but not that dark that I could not see. I kept looking out of the window, the activities outside so I could ask help from the passerby.  One car zoomed so speedily in front of my eyes that by the time I could scream for help it disappeared. 

girl-looking-out-of-window.jpeg

I looked here and there from the window and saw one man walking alone on the highway. His shoulders were stooped as if in his own deep thoughts. I took closer look. Is it Amit? Yes, he is Amit. I quickly calculated the distance from the place where I was stuck and the highway. He could hear me out if I scream loudly. 

“Hey, Amit! It’s me Kirti!” I waved my hand to signal him that I am here.

I screamed at the top of my voice to grab his attention but all my efforts were futile. After a long time after my cries, he turned back but then kept walking. I knew he saw me but he didn’t do anything. 

“Amit, don’t leave me! I am here! Save me.” I kept calling him. 


“Hey, Kirti beta! Whom you are calling to? Wakeup, dear wake up! Its morning”

“Aah! Mumma you?” A shocked expression on my face. 

“What happened dear? Again you had a dream?”

This time I was in my bed sweating and breathing rapidly. 

“Nah beta! That’s ok! It was just a dream! I’ll make you cup of tea! Get ready for it, ok!” she kissed my forehead and left the room. 

The dream was quite similar to my current condition. My life became ‘an abandoned warehouse’ the day Amit left me. Yes, I was abandoned by Amit as my punishment to love him dearly. I was left alone to experience the same spookiness and emptiness that you would experience when you’re abandoned!


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *