Monday, May 16, 2016

Why I prefer paperback books than e-books

paperback books.jpg
Paper has a great future


In this digital era, everything has gone online from clothes, accessories, electronic products to even books. E-book is the innovation of digital era where Kindle and the e-reader equipments grown. But no matter how much we become digitally progressive I still enjoy the conventional style of reading and that is books, paper-back books. Why I like reading books and not e-books I have valid reasons for it and at the end you’ll also like them.

  • Hmm, I like the smell when I am flipping through the pages of the new book that I purchase. The experience is very familiar and pleasant just when the rain arrives and makes the soil wet and that awesome smell!

  • Books are still portable to carry while travelling and I wouldn't feel bad if I misplace my book somewhere. On the other hand, if I lose my Kindle I may lament over the loss of it, then the amount of books I saved on them and the efforts I took to have my favourite books at one place.

  • So you’re thinking of going eco-friendly and you've stopped purchasing paper-bound books. But have you heard of digital eye-strain? Yes, if you’re staring at your kindle screen continuously sooner or later it will cause eye-strain, eye fatigue and many other eye-related problems. In short, you’re putting your eye health at a risk.

  • I can pass my books to other book-lovers and I wouldn't mind if they keep it for weeks whereas Kindle and other e-readers can make you obsessive and you become unwilling to pass it on to somebody else.

  • Books don’t give me eye-strain or any discomfort. If I spill something over on them, I can still manage or buy another book. OMG! You just can’t afford your Kindle getting broken.


In short, paper-made books are eye-friendly and yes, they are also eco-friendly as most of the books are recycled. Moreover, they don't require internet connection.  

Okay, you still don’t agree with me? One last try- Paper has a great future. Watch out the below video and I bet you’ll give a thought over it.



Video courtesy - YouTube 



To read more interesting stuff from OutLandiSH, visit Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *