Sunday, September 11, 2016

Flowers at the door (Short Story)


Day-dreaming about roses!



Knock! Knock! 
 
I was suddenly woke up from my day-dreaming routine when I heard the knock on the door. yes, I loved dreaming even in a day and having dreams was another story in the night. I reached for the door. By the time I opened the door, the inconsistent knocks were gone. I opened the door only to meet the cool waft of air. 

red-roses.jpg
Flowers at the door!

And there I found a bunch of flowers at the door! 

I couldn’t help but had a bright smile spreading across the corners of my lips and sparkle in my eyes. There were a bunch of beautiful, red roses. Wait, Red Roses?

Though I picked them up and caressed for a while but soon my pleasant feelings were gone and anxiety engulfed me followed by n number of questions. Who would give me red roses? And why red roses? He could have chosen lilies or jasmine or any other beautiful flowers. 

But why he? It could be a SHE since these days people have become vocal about having same sex relationships. Hmm, a very thought made me shook my head and forced me to think something better.  

Do I have a secret admirer? Oh wow, I didn’t know that. do I really have one or am I imagining? 

OMG, it can be a psychopath looking for my attention! 

These logical-illogical thoughts made me scared and I pulled a chair and opened my laptop. 

 
girl-working-on-laptop.jpg
Opened my laptop

I quickly typed searching ‘meaning behind Red Roses.’


The Google quickly gave search results something in 0.41 seconds. How fast!
It signifies Love, Romance, Desire and a Passionate Expression of Attraction. It meant all affirmatives and no negatives. I jumped in excitement and felt how lucky I was to have these beautiful flowers. I almost fell in love with them until Sansa screamed at the top of her voice. The episode of Game of Thrones on TV brought me in reality that somebody was knocking the door. 

again the hope lurked in my heart. It must be my secret admirer. I opened the door. 

“Hello, I am Mrs. Malhotra”

“Yes, what is it?”

“have you found roses at your door step by any chance? I ordered online for my daughter’s birthday.”

“Oh yes! They were yours! Wait a minute. Ill just come back. They are with me.”

I quickly went inside and brought the flowers back passing to her. 

“Thanks a ton and sorry for the inconvenience.”

“Oh not at all! Even I was wondering who left the flowers with no chit on them.”

Mrs.  Malhotra thanked me and left the passage with those red roses.
The mystery of red roses ended on a funny note. Anyway, I was thinking who send flowers these days when emoticons are cheaper on Whatsapp?

‘This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.’




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsored Ads

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *